Some thoughts on how to best use GlobalComix during the startup phase. - GC Forums

Community

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

Releases read: 6

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

posted Feb 24, 2018

Some thoughts on how to best use GlobalComix during the startup phase.

So yeah, this is a new platform. A bunch of us here are already established over on Tapas. Why bother using this site? Well, that's the question isn't it?

Personally, I'm planning on using this site as a mirror, and hopefully growing along with this platform, but I think we can do better than that. 

GlobalComix presents a unique opportunity to develop a new webcomics culture that is distinct from both Tapas & Webtoons, because no one has figured out how to best use this site yet.

I propose that we take advantage of the fact that most of us here are creators, and use global-comix as it's own sorta micro-community, to give each other feedback & support.

My questions for you:
Why are you here?
What do you want to do with this platform?
Wanna be pals?

Cavechan
Cavechan

Cavechan

Releases read: 77

Cavechan
Cavechan

Cavechan

posted Feb 24, 2018

Why are you here? - Someone linked this site in a group I follow and I decided to check it out and saw it seems a bit different than the other comic hosts I use. Figured I'd try uploading my comic and really enjoying it so far. I like the it seems pretty versatile in features and the upcoming features seem interesting.

What do you want to do with this platform? I just want to share my comic around and hopefully build up a larger audience.

Wanna be pals? Yes!

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

posted Feb 24, 2018

Care to share a link to your stuff @Cavechan ?

Cavechan
Cavechan

Cavechan

Cavechan
Cavechan

Cavechan

posted Feb 24, 2018

I actually just posted it in the intro thread! But here it is again: Celestial Chronicle Shion

I saw your comic preview there too. Your style looks really cool. :D

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

posted Feb 24, 2018

Eyy thanks :V I checked out the first couple pages of your series, I'll have to check out more of it later once i have more time to procrastinate :VVVVVVVVVVQ_Q

sparrow
sparrow

sparrow

Releases read: 2

sparrow
sparrow

sparrow

posted Feb 24, 2018

Why are you here?
I was linked here by Niah, I read their comic on Tapas. I'm not here to make and upload comics, just read them.
Read comics. I'm here because I want to find some interesting comics that aren't available on Tapas, or that are just easier to find here. If you know of any good ones, link me to them!
Wanna be pals?
Sure c:

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff
NiahMakesStuff

NiahMakesStuff

posted Feb 24, 2018

@sparrow Welcome man :V Thanks for following me over here!

Here's a comic that I found here that would I thought was pretty interesting
https://globalcomix.com/c/brodin-swolefather

Totally not the sorta thing you would find on Tapas/Webtoons :V maybe in an indie comic book shop? Def a hidden-gem sorta comic.

sparrow
sparrow

sparrow

sparrow
sparrow

sparrow

posted Feb 24, 2018

Oooh, it looks cool c: Thanks for showing me!

Eric
Eric

Eric

Releases read: 28

Eric
Eric

Eric

Releases read: 28

posted Feb 25, 2018

Why am I here? I sometimes feel Tapas and Webtoons is not the right place for me to find an audience. People there aren't really looking for comic strips. Ever since GoComics discarded Sherpa, I've been without a home, so I try one comic hosting site after another but still struggle to capture whatI had on GoComics.

What do I want? To build my brand; build my audience. I still have yet to decide how I want to post my strips here as they are not pages. All at once or individually. 

GalacticPotato
GalacticPotato

GalacticPotato (Emiliano Lara)

Releases read: 8

GalacticPotato
GalacticPotato

GalacticPotato (Emiliano Lara)

Releases read: 8

posted Feb 25, 2018

Why are you here?
I was reading the forums on Tapas, there was a post about this site. After checking it out for a bit i liked it   and decided to upload all of my stuff here. My comic isn't super popular so i thought it was a good  opportunity.

Well, i don't really know, i guess i wanna get my work everywhere or something. If anything i'd like the site  to build upon the VERY good base it has.

Wanna be pals?
Yeah, of course! I mean, the more, the best!

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

Releases read: 17

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

Releases read: 17

posted Feb 25, 2018

Why are you here?
I haven't been sketching for a long time, then I received a gift from a long lost friend, which contain a drawing tablet. I played around with it try to get back my drawing skill. At the moment I'm not as good as I used to be but practice makes perfect, it happens before so there's no reason to stop. Also I did some research a week back of where to post comic and I found a tweet from Globalcomix from Google search, thus here I am :D, I'm considering Webtoon and Tapas as well but since Globalcomix is kinda fully launching at the same time I'm starting, I thinking of staying here exclusively for a start to understand the industry well before considering to go big. Well if I do well I probably just remain here. Dunno, let's see how life goes :D

I'm thinking of getting my creative side to be re-awaken, I've been feeling empty doing engineering works so I want to start doing something else like a hobby that pays. I'm in middle of writing a much more serious story, which I hope to post in anywhere in the internet. At the moment, I'm doing a comedic manga, retelling some funny story during my school days, although not accurate but it will be inspired from some of the event that actually happened.

Wanna be pals?
Who wouldn't? I just started my own artist identity @rolling_vegeta on twitter. This is my first time using twitter, so you can follow me if you want, I want to start following other comic artist as well :D

AhkwardKat
AhkwardKat

AhkwardKat

Releases read: 31

AhkwardKat
AhkwardKat

AhkwardKat

Releases read: 31

posted Feb 25, 2018

Why are you here?

I am still seeking out the type of audience that I want. Neither Tapastic nor Webtoons have taken off for me, so either my comic sucks or it just isn't the right audience/place for my comic. So I keep posting, to as many places as I can, while trying to find the right site. I did really well on inkblazers and was hoping that Tapastic would work well for me too, but it didn't. I peaked at 300 readers there and only 600 on WT, for the last year I have hardly gained any subs.

Tapas Link

Webtoons Link

I think part of it is the formatting. I REALLY dislike the infinite scrolling format. I print my comics as well, so I really dislike having to make the printed versions and then the scrolling versions. My initial posts were my original pages, and well, I learned people don't like them because they are too hard to read. Totally understandable.

So even after converting to a new format, scrolling, still hasn't gone anywhere. So I have gone on a temporary hiatus to redo the comic hoping that it was just poor composition, artwork and/or story.

I am looking for a new audience and more feedback to see what I can do to make my comic better. With two platforms behind me, I am kinda discouraged, but I am optimistic that I can continue to learn and make my comic better and meet new people! Mostly here for the people and new community.

Wanna be pals?

Comic artists/writers gotta band together, yo! You can find me on insta @ NaorManga and on Twitter as @ AhkwardKat!

Rochrok
Rochrok

Rochrok

Rochrok
Rochrok

Rochrok

posted Mar 6, 2018

Why are you here?

Because it is a new site and I'm curious as to how it will go.  I've never been front line with a new site like this before and usually people who are first on the ground tend to understand the site better and are able to benefit from its growth.  Also, their monetization efforts. I think more creators should encourage host sites like this to offer ways to make money and I'm willing to help out any site offering this. 

Right now, I'm dipping a toe in the water to see what happens.  I think that is all I can do.   I'm trying to see which sites will be best for building an audience and hopefully making a living (my ultimate goal) and which sites I should just ignore (like SmackJeeves). I don't want to put my comic on every single site as that is way more work for very little reward when I can be working on a new comic or something.   In the future, I would like take advantage of their features like creating an interactive comic and monetization (if I can).

Wanna be pals?

Sure why not? :)
Twitter: @Rochrok

Blackmanga
Blackmanga

Blackmanga

Blackmanga
Blackmanga

Blackmanga

posted Mar 7, 2018

*why are you here?*

Well as soon as I heard about this platform from a friend i decided ti check it out and was immediately encouraged when i saw that other popular creators were also interested like fallen manga and co,also since my team and I are quite new to this I saw this as an opportunity to finally find a community to grow with because let's face it Tapas and webtoon are becoming biased in their algorithms and other features,making new comers who arent based on romance or comedy to find it hard to grow,meanwhile here the simple fact that i can post with my phone alone is a big delight

*what do you want to do with this platform*

Obviously i want to grow with it and possible earn an income from it,in order to show my parents that cartoonists can also earn a decent living(crossing my fingers.. lol)

*wanna be pals?*

Of course I would welcome any friend at all and my dms are always open,if you feel more comfortable on instagram this is my linkhttps://www.instagram.com/p/Bfo43nOgfIO/

On Twitter:Blackmangaoffi1

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 205

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 205

posted Mar 7, 2018

Welcome @Blackmanga! great to have you here on GlobalComix :)

yayaoyuyingstudio
yayaoyuyingstudio

yayaoyuyingstudio (DA-POW!)

Releases read: 79

yayaoyuyingstudio
yayaoyuyingstudio

yayaoyuyingstudio (DA-POW!)

Releases read: 79

posted Jun 28, 2018

I don't know how I didn't see this thread earlier! OAO Well here we go~~.

Like Ahk, I've been through a number of sites as a creator and reader and wanted to find a home for JINGKU since it really hadn't been worked on to it's final draft yet. It's a small community so far, but it's a fresh start for all of us who've decided to jump into GC town. My hopes are that this site will continue to grow as we gain new readers and creators. And I'm all up for being pals!

Feel free to follow me on HERE or my TWITTER~!