Releases read: 17

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

posted Feb 27, 2018

Release number

@Nimloth

I find it confusing when I visited a release page with multiple releases, I don't know which comes first. I think it is best to show the release number before the title like #1, #2 and so on. Also, I think it is critical to have ability to sort by  latest and by #release_number.

I noticed the resume button is useful, but I imagined if someone mistakenly clicked the wrong release, the button will show #number they recently clicked on, this way it will become a chore for them to try and find back where they left off.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 205

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Feb 27, 2018

@rolling-vegetable

I find it confusing when I visited a release page with multiple releases, I don't know which comes first. I think it is best to show the release number before the title like #1, #2 and so on. Also, I think it is critical to have ability to sort by  latest and by #release_number.

I noticed the resume button is useful, but I imagined if someone mistakenly clicked the wrong release, the button will show #number they recently clicked on, this way it will become a chore for them to try and find back where they left off.

Great feedback, thanks!

The sort order on a comic page with multiple releases is by publish date. I'm actually working on cleaning up the sort-order stuff on a code branch locally, so I'll make sure to account for your feedback here :)

The resume right now is looking at the release with the last read date. This would account for any chapter with the most recent new read page. If it clicks into a previously read page, this will not be the most recently read new page.

I can sort it to always return the highest release #, but I'm not sure if this captures your needs? 

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

posted Feb 27, 2018

I can sort it to always return the highest release #, but I'm not sure if this captures your needs? 
Actually it's not something that I need, it is more towards the presentation to new readers. Instinctually newcomer will click the top listing assuming it is chapter 1, but as of now it is the latest chapter. The orange button is there but instinctually they will click the top most listing first. For example like my comic,I think it should be displayed as "#1 Introduction" instead of just "introduction".

I experience similar experience on tapas because clicking thumbnail brings me to the latest chapter, not the first one. It actually caused accidental spoiler. So the actual intention of this thread is "how not to give accidental spoilers".

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Feb 27, 2018

Maybe for the comics pages it makes sense to sort descending by release # rather than most recent first?

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

posted Feb 27, 2018

For unassuming new reader yes. Also I think the orange button placement need to be closer to the listing or at the top of the listing, so that reader are aware that there is a easy function to continue reading. Tbh I actually missed the orange button when I was here the first time, I thought it was a follow/subscribe button lol.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Feb 27, 2018

@Lexflex ^ good feedback!

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable
rolling-vegetable

rolling-vegetable

posted Feb 27, 2018

Btw the orange button comment was for desktop, I checked the mobile version, the orange button is perfectly placed :)

Lexflex
Lexflex

Lexflex

Releases read: 47

Lexflex admin
Lexflex

Lexflex

Releases read: 47

posted Mar 8, 2018

This is a good piece of feedback. We just published a revision of release number vs. sorting order. Hopefully it makes things a little less complicated. The button to start/resume reading has some edge cases for sure, so we'll be keeping an eye out for ways to making it a better and smarter feature.