Releases: 101

Ranf Payl
Ranf Payl

Ranf Payl

Followers: 9

Releases: 101

posted Aug 8, 2017

I'm following myself!

Agh! My user profile just followed my artist profile! Why do I have two profiles on the same account? Is this like a yin-yang zen thing?

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 458

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Aug 8, 2017

Hmm, we were wondering whether we wanted to allow users to follow their own artist profiles. Perhaps we should not do that and just automatically aggregate own content into the user feed. as to why there's two profiles, see other reply for details on why there's two profile types.

Lexflex do you have any thoughts on how we should do self following here?

Lexflex
Lexflex

Lexflex

Releases read: 47

Lexflex admin
Lexflex

Lexflex

Releases read: 47

posted Aug 8, 2017

I understand the confusion about having two profiles on the same account. I'm sure there are ways we can make that easier to deal with in the future.

I think we could consider removing the ability to follow your own artist profile, as well as removing the number in parenthesis.

RicardoCabrera
RicardoCabrera

RicardoCabrera

Releases read: 25

RicardoCabrera
RicardoCabrera

RicardoCabrera

posted Aug 28, 2017

hey, like you said @Lexflex, this thing of having two profiles is just a little bit confusing. Why you just let one profile and let the user choose if he wants to be a creator or just a normal user?.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Aug 28, 2017

@RicardoCabrera there's a few reasons we opted for having two profiles.

You can think of your Creator Profile in the same way as a "page" on facebook, where there's a distinct difference between the actions you take as a user (what you read, who you follow, what you write as a user to other users), etc, and what you do as your "brand" (what you publish, how your brand interacts with its fans, etc). This really helps both provide privacy for your brand to not be associated with user activity, as well as present a much cleaner, more curated view of the brand.

That said, I think there's something to exactly how we present these identities on site (and how you swap between them), that can be significantly improved.

Once we get through some of the other core updates we're working on right now, we'll be sure to revisit this aspect and make it more streamlined and intuitive :)

That said, I will this week disable following yourself and make that more intuitive by auto-including posts by your own creator page automatically in your user feed.

RicardoCabrera
RicardoCabrera

RicardoCabrera

RicardoCabrera
RicardoCabrera

RicardoCabrera

posted Aug 28, 2017

Thanks for the information @Nimloth. I guess that is the best way to maintain privacy in our own account.