bilvyy (Bilvy)

Releases read: 5

bilvyy
bilvyy

bilvyy (Bilvy)

posted Mar 1, 2018

Using Releases correctly?

Hello! I'm probably overthinking this, but I've been wondering what's the intended use for GC's "releases", and how to update to them. The biggest question I have is whether subscribers are notified when a new page is added to a pre-existing release, because this seems like the neatest way to update a comic on here. Are we supposed to make a new release every time we update a page, or can we edit pre-existing releases and still notify our subscribers and get exposure in the browse section? Should I be skipping update days on GC so I can post a bundle of pages at a time, instead of just one? ;n;

Hybridlizard
Hybridlizard

Hybridlizard

Releases read: 1

Hybridlizard
Hybridlizard

Hybridlizard

Releases read: 1

posted Mar 5, 2018

I was wondering about this myself.
If you don't mind me adding some additional questioning on the same topic; I noticed at least on our creator profiles it states the addition of "chapter x" despite what you name the release title, though this does not appear on the comic page, so if you happened to title one of your releases as "Chapter 1" it displays as "Chapter 1 Chapter 1" on the creator profile.
So between "issues", "releases", and "chapters" I'm pretty confused myself as to how we should be uploading. D:
Personally I prefer doing single page updates but I can do it in bundles, as long as I know what defines said bundles..

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 205

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Mar 6, 2018

Well, one thing is certain -- we're working on fixing this "chapters" text duplication around the site. Stay tuned... I'll give a more detailed post here tomorrow :)

bilvyy
bilvyy

bilvyy (Bilvy)

bilvyy
bilvyy

bilvyy (Bilvy)

posted Mar 6, 2018

@Hybridlizard it seems like posting 1 page per release is absolutely fine and works well on this site (: I'm going to be using this method I think, so I can update on GC the same amount I would on other sites.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Mar 7, 2018

@Hybridlizard:

´╗┐so if you happened to title one of your releases as "Chapter 1" it displays as "Chapter 1 Chapter 1" on the creator profile.
This is now fixed. We no longer display issue/chapter as text added to the titles :)