Releases: 101

Ranf Payl
Ranf Payl

Ranf Payl

Followers: 8

posted Aug 11, 2017

Reader - Classic view - zoom

When reading in Classic mode in either auto or fixed mode, I would like to have the ability to zoom in and scroll through the page as if it were a PDF. I'd like to be able to pinch-to-zoom and swipe-to-scroll on mobile. You'd need some sort of toggle to do the same on desktop.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 428

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 428

posted Aug 11, 2017

Got it.

You can do zoom with double-tapping the image, btw.

Ranf Payl
Ranf Payl

Ranf Payl

Ranf Payl
Ranf Payl

Ranf Payl

posted Aug 12, 2017

Huh. I tried that and couldn't get it to work. Firefox on Android.

tore
tore

tore

Releases read: 48

tore admin
tore

tore

posted Aug 16, 2017

Ranf Payl,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the zoom feature on Firefox for Android. Would you be able to provide some more details? What Android version are you running and do you know what version of Firefox?

Also, what comic is this happening on? Is it the same on all frames or just some. I'm asking because if a frame is small and already at 100% scale within the viewport, we don't zoom in on tap to avoid losing quality. The double-tap to zoom feature works best on larger frames.

Thanks in advance!

RanfPayl
RanfPayl

RanfPayl

Releases read: 12

RanfPayl
RanfPayl

RanfPayl

Releases read: 12

posted Aug 19, 2017

I just tried it, and double-tap-to-zoom does work (though the transition is a bit jumpy, as is scrolling in zoomed-view). I would prefer to be able to pinch-to-zoom since then I could dictate how much to zoom in. The default zooms in more than I would like. Zoom also works in frame view, though with similar issues.

FYI, I was reading https://globalcomix.com/c/i-m-inside-you. I'm actually using the latest version of Lineage OS (previously CyanogenMod) with the latest version of Firefox for mobile. That probably complicates things a bit :)

tore
tore

tore

tore admin
tore

tore

posted Aug 20, 2017

Thanks a bunch, super helpful!

I'll have to look into Lineage OS a bit as we're currently only testing on the official Android distro, but again, very helpful to know what software you're using.

Thanks!