smbhax

Releases read: 21

smbhax
smbhax

smbhax

posted Nov 21, 2019

Chapter synopsis "max length exceeded" could be more informative

After typing out a "synopsis" entry for a new release, I got a "max length exceeded" error when clicking the "Save changes" button.

But there is no indication of what the max length is, or how far I was over it, leaving me to try cutting my text down via trial and error until the page would finally save without the error.

Ideally, there would be a "[current characters/max characters]" updating readout at a corner of the text entry field.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Releases read: 458

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Nov 21, 2019

Ideally, there would be a "[current characters/max characters]" updating readout at a corner of the text entry field.
I've added this, it should be live within the next few minutes!

smbhax
smbhax

smbhax

smbhax
smbhax

smbhax

posted Nov 24, 2019

Nice!

Ran into a bug with this new feature--this happens in both the left-hand margin version of the field that you get when you're initially entering a new release's info, or the wider version you get to you click "Save changes" after having entered valid title, synopsis, and image info from the initial page:

- Enter text until the character counter exceeds 400/400.
- Click "Save changes."
= A "Max length exceeded" warning appears under the field--but at this point, adding or subtracting characters to the field does not change the counter.

It will start working again if you manage to eyeball and remove enough characters, without benefit of a working counter, and then click the save button.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Nov 25, 2019

I think I fixed and prevent character length beyond the 400 at this point even before saving. Let me know if that's not the case :)

smbhax
smbhax

smbhax

smbhax
smbhax

smbhax

posted Nov 28, 2019

Up to just now it seemed to be fixed, but I did encounter the problem while adding my latest page this evening--I'm not sure how I did it, because after pasting this 399-charactger text chunk into the left-margin version of the synopsis field, the counter said 408/400, and then wouldn't change count as I deleted characters:

Ink sketch for a reader supporting the comic through http://patreon.com/smbhax my Patreon campaign : D :http://smbhax.com/stuff/191127_patreon_sketch.jpg

^)^ Thank you!! : D

I'm off for the rest of the week for the Thanksgiving holiday; back with a new A* page on Monday! : )

~~~~~~~~~
The original 16" x 6.75" watercolor art for today's new A* page is https://www.ebay.com/itm/143454795994 : )

I've tried to get it to happen again with this same chunk of text, but now it's counting it as 399/400 correctly, and won't seem to go over 400 no matter what I do. So...I don't know how it broke it the first time. I'll have to keep an eye out during future updates.

Nimloth
Nimloth

Nimloth

Nimloth admin
Nimloth

Nimloth

posted Nov 28, 2019

Ah yes, I put in a fix for the going over the cap :)