image/svg+xml
Get 50% off on GlobalComix Gold in the next 18 hours, 41 minutes Learn More

Main page - GC Forums

Delphonse posted Feb 19, 2018

Main page

I was thinking there should be a home page for the site. A page that has the latest updates or featured comics things like that. is that coming later?

AhkwardKat moderator posted Feb 19, 2018

The closest I have found for this is the "Browse Comics" page. I like how you can sort out by the TYPE of comic in terms of comic, graphic novel and manga.

If you go to recent, you can see the comics with the most recent updates. It'll get harder once we get more people here and posting gets faster than you can keep up with. XD

I agree though, it would be neat to have a special page for "featuring" newest updates and such.

Christopher admin posted Feb 19, 2018

The closest I have found for this is the "Browse Comics" page. I like how you can sort out by the TYPE of comic in terms of comic, graphic novel and manga.

If you go to recent, you can see the comics with the most recent updates. It'll get harder once we get more people here and posting gets faster than you can keep up with. XD

I agree though, it would be neat to have a special page for "featuring" newest updates and such.
The browse page actually defaults to "featured". I've gone ahead and added featuring of some of the more recent comics with a decent set-up. As for latest updates, you'll be seeing any blog post and updates from GC in your "home feed". We automatically aggregate all news there for you, as well as with notifications :)

I think you might be right that finding a good way to show interesting new content will get harder as more comics are created and uploaded, but we do have some ideas in store for when that time comes.

Let's see how things play out :)