image/svg+xml
Get 50% off on GlobalComix Gold in the next 9 hours, 38 minutes Learn More

Preview not working. - GC Forums

Delphonse posted Feb 19, 2018

Preview not working.

Everytime i go to preview my comic while working on it, I only seem to get a white page with nothing there. 

Christopher admin posted Feb 19, 2018

Could you help me understand what you mean?

What are the URLs in your browser that is getting white page? Also, are you trying to preview the images while you are uploading? In general, the rule of thumb is to let uploading/processing complete before trying to preview the pages (as until they're uploaded, there's nothing to view).

Btw, here's a good quick guide on how to submit actionable bugs! https://globalcomix.com/forums/threads/5/how-to-report-bugs

@Nimloth ooohhhh yea that makes sense still getting use to it all. I previewed it just now and it worked fine.

PS: I took a look at your comic -- a pro-tip is that you can actually make non-rectangular panel highlights by clicking on the straight lines when editing frames.

I took the liberty of updating one of your panels to demonstrate:

@Nimloth I was trying but when I clicked to drag the line it would not move I will play around with it some more and see if I can figure it out.

Click on the line to add a point. Then click and drag the point around :)

@Nimloth yasssssss it works that is great I was hoping for something like that. I really need to look at the tutorial before posting. I figured it would be simple and it was I just needed to read the tutorial xD

ckileru posted Feb 19, 2018

Dear @Nimloth ! I've just signed in to the website and I can't upload any image! (including adding new series and also my own profile image) :'< 
Can you help me?

@ckileru please try again -- I was literally just now deploying new updates to the website code. That's likely the reason as theres some few moments that the website turns unresponsive when new code artifacts are deployed.

I
@Nimloth Thank you,
but I It's 0% process for as much as 30 minutes :// 
And my internet connection is ok. For example, I can place the images here, like a links. But not on the website itself.
:c
Btw, I've logged out and in again and it doesn't help.

> but I It's 0% process for as much as 30 minutes :// 

Got it -- I see you're on a safari browser and just saw the error on my local dev environment. Give me a few and I'll try to fix and push new code to resolve for you.

PS: in the mean time, you could use chrome or firefox to avoid the problem while I fix. I'll let you know as soon as new code is live.

Ok, thank you very much! I'll try via chrome

@ckileru it looks like the issue is that the way we're interacting with that Form is not supported yet in Safari: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/FormData

I'll have to get back to this tomorrow and find a proper solution than a quick hacky fix. I see you have an avatar atm, so looks like your Chrome workaround solved it for you for now.

Are you OK to wait until tomorrow when I fix it for Safari? :)

@Nomolth yes, of course! I'll use chrome today, it's not a problem.
You see, I've uploaded some images successfully.
Thank you very much  :D

@ckileru I couldn't sleep so I wrote a fix for both Safari and Edge for all our forms. It should now be fixed for you.

Please let me know if it's still a problem with Safari :)

@Nimloth yes, it works well now! You're a magician :D
I've uploaded my comic series in safari, it can't be viewed, but I think it's just I made silly mistakes somewhere, I have to check it again

I found the issue with your release was that issue # 0 doesn't work. It's not intended to have a lower number than 1, so I updated your release to have chapter as 1 and now it works.

I've also now pushed code to prevent numbers lower than 1 from being accepted in the field :) So ... all should be working now!

Ok, going to sleep for real.

Ttyl folks!

@Nimloth ah, ok :'D
Thank you very much for your great work!