image/svg+xml

So the problem is...? - GC Forums

Merle posted Feb 21, 2018

So the problem is...?

Hey,

I just came over from Tappas (wohoo so many people from that theard);
and had a look onto the website and I like it a lot! It has a lot of nice features; This could definitely be a place to stay ~

Well, of course then I stumbled over the obvious problem (I mean, suprise, this is a very new website, but still)... There seems to be a few new creators slowly arriving, but where are the readers?
From my (probably not wholesome but not wrong) researches I have concluded there is about 7 people reading on this website so far (haha jk that´s how many subs the most popular comic has)

All I really wanna know now, how are the Creators of the website aproaching the "problem"? Is there a way to help tackle it (like hey, we new creators could give it shoutouts to our readers on other platforms, like webtoons, maybe even YT if someone has a fanbase)

Would love to see this website grow :)!
best,
Merle

Christopher admin posted Feb 21, 2018

Hey @Merle,

This is a great question: 

All I really wanna know now, how are the Creators of the website aproaching the "problem"? Is there a way to help tackle it (like hey, we new creators could give it shoutouts to our readers on other platforms, like webtoons, maybe even YT if someone has a fanbase)

The upstart of any platform definitely comes with a little bit of extra linking and sharing for everyone involved. This means linking and promoting in social channels like you said, etc.

It takes a bit of time to build a following as a creation platform, and there's a point in which critical mass hits and it starts to self-perpetuate the growth.

We as a platform crew are also helping spread the word. This week, we're very much doing preparation work for our big official reveal and launch of the platform along with paid content monetization that we're unveiling next week. Along with that will come some promotion, outreach, and so on. And hopefully publicity. And more readers and creators.

Our goal is that, on a daily and weekly basis, we are going to help spread the word for all the interesting comics you guys put up.

In this very crucial startup phase though, every little bit helps and we really appreciate how everyone can help and chip in :)

Perhaps, if I can write up a tutorial for self-promotion, SEO, and sharing best practices and share this weekend, would that be of use/interest?

Lastly, I can share that in the past few days (since Sunday eve), we have quadrupled the amount of comic page reads over what it was all of last week :) It should only keep going up from here!

GalacticPotato posted Feb 21, 2018

Hey @Nimloth
I really like the site, what can i say, you (and the people working with you) did a good job here. I'd very much like to promote it but my audience is pretty small, is there any other way to help other than linking the site to my readers?

Christopher admin posted Feb 21, 2018

Hey @Nimloth
I really like the site, what can i say, you (and the people working with you) did a good job here. I'd very much like to promote it but my audience is pretty small, is there any other way to help other than linking the site to my readers?
@GalacticPotato thank you so much! It's a labor of love, I promise :)

I think the other thing that would really help is helping spread the word to as many comic creators as possible. More creators means more readers, and more people to discover all the amazing work that people upload :)

Delphonse posted Feb 21, 2018

@Nimloth a guide on promotion would help a lot. I would do what I can to promote the site but I am still pretty clueless on exactly wjat the best method for that is.

At this moment I believe most of the people posting their comic here. Myself included are using it as a secondary and not a primary. Once more new comics show up it might help with bringing in a crowd. Still need to update my series o.o going to do that after work.

ArushiRaj posted Feb 21, 2018

I agree @Merle. That's why I try to read as many comics as possible and leave comments so that the creators know that there is someone out there. As a creator myself I know how important that is. As for other readers, as the site grows, more will follow.

NiahMakesStuff posted Feb 24, 2018

In the meantime, since there are basically no readers right now, may I suggest to other creators that we use this platform as sorta it's own little micro-community and support each other and whatnot? Tapas (as much as I love it) due to how large it is can sometimes feel a bit isolating when it comes to communicating with other creators. The smaller, mostly creator-based community here can be a blessing in disguise if we treat it that way :)

sparrow posted Feb 24, 2018

I've come here just to read comics, not upload them c: Niah made a post on their comic, which is how I found this place. I think that's the best way to show people this site - any creators who post their comics on Tapas (or any other site, really) could link their readers over here.