Entire Uploaded Library Deletes Overnight - GC Forums
community
Entire Uploaded Library Deletes Overnight
Hello.
I run an ongoing storyline within a shared universe depicted from multiple different perspectives in different comic and graphic novel series.
The Series uses AI for art rendering but the story, characters, narrative, panel-flow, dialogue, etc. are entirely scripted and designed by yours truly. It involves a workflow using a creative process of writing the script, designing the characters and locations, forming the dialogue and then spending hours working with an AI art renderer to bring the story to life, often making extensive corrections and redesigns of particular scenes if they don't come out right. It is not a simple, "AI, write a comic book about X topic" as such would eventually become narratively incomprehensible and visually inconsistent. It's essentially using AI as an art production tool, not as a writer or designer. I used the proper "This comic was entirely generated with AI art, not Story" disclaimer which the site itself gave as an option in the publishing interface.
I was a bit confused to discover the entire library suddenly vanished overnight.
I can see now that GlobalComix updated their terms to include a ban on all comics using AI generated artwork. However it is a hit frustrating that there is still an option to do so when publishing the content, if all AI generated content is banned, then why under "Publish" is there an option to disclaim: "This comic was entirely generated with AI art, not Story." ?
Hi,
I signed up for this site yesterday, and while looking for interesting and free comics, I was delighted to discover “Neanderthal vs. Skunk Ape,” which I really enjoyed. Today, just as I was enjoying this story again, it was deleted, and now I can’t continue reading it.
Please let me know if there’s another site where I can follow your work.
Thank you,
Best regards
Hello there!
I appreciate your interaction and feedback very much. Thank you for taking the time to enjoy my work and I hope it helps pass the time, makes you think or feel something, and is aesthetically pleasing. I will be uploading everything in the backlog on NamiComi, I will send you the link once it's uploaded, but in the meantime if you'd like I can send you the files for whatever stories you like independently.
I appreciate your interaction and feedback very much, Thanks again!
Best of luck!
Hello again!
I do appreciate you taking the time to read my comics. I have since uploaded the entire backlog onto an AI-friendly comic site, it is still free and all of my comics will always be free. It's called Inkroost. I will send you the link to sign up for Inkroost here:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://inkroost.com/register&ved=2ahUKEwjI7rKu6p6XAxXz_skDHfNAE60QFnoECB4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0cIWb3hQCiart6LYh6iODx
This is the link to the Department of Cryptid Files Anthology Series:
https://inkroost.com/series/department-of-cryptid-files-an-anthology-vol-1
This is the link to the specific comic, Neanderthal vs Skunk-Ape:
https://inkroost.com/series/department-of-cryptid-files-an-anthology-vol-1/chapters/2.0/case-file-2-neanderthal-vs-skunk-ape
This is the link to other series featuring the Last Living Neanderthal as a protagonist:
https://inkroost.com/series/last-living-neanderthal-welcome-home